What are postural aids?
Postural aids are devices which help a person with physical disability to improve stability, alignment and enhance function
How does a postural aid help a child with developmental disorder?
A postural aid can help a child with physical disability many ways such as
To improve postural alignment
To provide stability
To prove a base to function better
To decrease abnormal joint position
What are the different types of postural aids available?
There are number of postural aids available according to the need of the individual. Such as
Floor cut out table
What are the benefits of adaptive seating?
* Improves sitting ability of children with developmental delay
* Prevent deformity and encourage function and adaptation to life
*Provides support/stability promoting functional improvements
* Normalizes tone
* Enhance functional abilities especially upper extremity control
* Increases socialization
* Increases opportunity to meet educational needs
* Enhances oral motor control with regards to feeding and communication
* Enhances respiratory/ pulmonary function
* Provides physiological purposes such as decreased deformity, prevent/correct
Joint contracture, facilitate body alignment
* Prevents complications such as pressure sores, abrasions, shearing
* Increases visual awareness and contact with parents and family
* Dynamic seating – allows for changes in posture, less restrictive, positive outcomes for caregivers
How I can understand that my child requires postural aids?
Any child with physical disability can be helped with specific postural aid
Is there any assessment or measurement require to order any of these aids?
Yes, for most of these aids, you need specific assessment and measurements. A trained team is required to deal all these aids and appliances
Where can we procure all these aids?
Most of the postural aids are available with us. We need the correct measurement to provide any of the aids
For queries / appointment / availing services, please contact us through
Phones at : +91-11-41012124 / +91-7838809241 / +91-8588995954